Health & Safety Policy Statement
Percon Construction Inc. regards workplace health and safety as a vitally important aspect of our business operations. Health and Safety is and must always be incorporated into all facets of our business decisions. Precautions will always be taken on our project sites to ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors, suppliers, visitors and the general public.
In order to achieve a healthy and safe work place, we have developed a health and safety program manual to be used for the implementation of safety standards and procedures which Percon Construction Inc. will strive to achieve and maintain on all of our construction projects. Our health and safety program will meet or exceed the minimum requirements set forth in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations, which pertain to our project sites.
To have a safe and healthy workplace, we at Percon Construction strongly believe that as a minimum the following must occur:
- Workplace health and safety must always be considered a joint venture between labour and management - involvement and active participation is expected from all workplace parties
- Percon Construction will establish and participate in workplace Joint Health and Safety Committees where required, furthermore, when required, will facilitate the establishment of a Worker Trades Committee
- Contractors must take the required measures to ensure the health and safety of their workers and any other workers who may be affected by their work
- All contractors performing work on project sites, will be evaluated on their health and safety performance
- Every contractor, worker supplier and visitor must comply with the site safety cause for discipline or termination of contract